I'm still here in case anyone has wondered. Sorry for the major lack of posting. It's not that I haven't thought about it. About 2 or 3 times a day, I think, "I should blog about this, or ask advice/ideas about this, or make a tutorial out of this"....But by 7 p.m. I.....am.....shot! So here's a list/update of our life, a summary if you will.
- First of all, I've been making LOTS of lists.Hence, this post. I bought a new notebook that I've been filling with house ideas, to-do lists, work lists, grocery lists, notes and more notes. It's the only way I seem to remember things these days. Do you have a notebook like that?
- We spent a leisurely Thanksgiving weekend in the mountains with Matt's family. I am currently still here with the kids. I am temporarily stranded until the mechanic fixes a power steering issue in our suburban. Thank goodness my mom-in-law took it for a quick ride yesterday and discovered the issue. Otherwise I would be driving down the curvy, snowy mountain pass with possible loss of power steering...Yikes!
- Football is over. We lost in the second playoff game...bummer. But it's great to have Matt home earlier in the evenings.
- We close on our house tomorrow. It will officially be ours!
- We will immediately begin painting, replacing carpet, etc. I'm bracing myself for the many descisions--and work--that will happen in few next weeks.
- Jack is turning 3 in January....needing potty training ideas. I've never trained a boy to do his business. Also we've started working on limiting the thumb-sucking. More ideas, please...
- I'm trying to complete all my Christmas shipping and gift-making (just a few handmade things this year) before Dec. 3 when we get possession of the house. I need to get gifts shipped off to family, etc. before we get in the crux of remodeling the new home.
- Packing and moving...uhg! Every time I look into our over-packed rental house garage, I start to hyperventilate. It's overwhelming...but then a calm comes over me when I realize in another month we will have a place for everything.
- I've been doing quite a bit of freelance writing projects. It's been hard to find time to work with the three kids, but the extra money is going to come in handy with house projects and Christmas.
- Miss Beth started eating "real food," which is rice cereal and pured pumpkin. Sleeping patterns are changing and I'm pretty sure teething is underway. But, seriously, have you ever seen more puffy, kissy cheeks?!
Anyhoo, there's a lot going on in the Widdifield home. I'm needing every scrap of energy to survive our very busy days and to fully enjoy the few quiet moments that sometimes occur. So I'm signing off the blog for a while. I may occassionally post this month (probably house related pics) but I can't make any promises. Sorry, there won't be any Christmas ideas and tutorials this year. Feel free to view last' December's posts (see archives to the side) if you are looking for that.
But I PROMISE I'll be back in January. Enjoy the advent season, friends. More later.