Many of you have been asking...so here it is--our kitchen remodel. Thanks Kristen for taking these pictures the other day when you were over.
You will want to begin by looking at the BEFORE pictures.
View looking into the kitchen while standing in dining room. There used to be a wall where that countertop is.
Now looking into the dining room.
What we did:
- replaced everything: appliances, cabinets, sink, fixtures.
- lifted up ceiling as high as we could, added can lights
- paint, of course, new baseboards
- faux tin backsplash
- granite countertops (backsplash has not yet been installed)
- added bars to both ends of the kitchen (one end is my desk) this meant taking out wall between dining room and kitchen
- new hardwood floors installed by my hubs
- took out upper cabinets and lower cabinets that divided the room
- new windows that look into the sun room
- took out sliding glass door, replaced with farm door
The kitchen feels HUGE because you can see from one end of the house to the other. I LOVE the amount of counter top space I have in this space.
In the next post, I'll go into some of the details and describe some of my favorite aspects of the new kitchen.