Okay, the one thing I really do miss from my old house, is our home theater that my hubby built in our basement.
But in this house, we still have a TV room, and it resides in the family room off of the kitchen.
What we did:
- Removed wallpaper and borders
- Removed wall (where my desk/bar is now)
- Removed Dutch/farm door and replaced with shelves and hooks (see further down)
- Paint, crown molding
- New carpet
Matt still wants to redo these bookshelves.
This room is long and narrow, so it's fairly hard to photograph. So let me describe:
- On one wall, we have the TV (between the two windows)
- Facing the TV (on the opposite wall) are the two couches
- Next to the couches is the door out the garage
I wanted something between the couches to hold drinks, ets. As luck would have it, one of my vintage ironing boards fit perfectly. Lunch box is where the remotes are hidden.
I love, love, love my coat hooks and shelves! When enter from the garage, you can walk forward and hang your bag and coat on our hooks.