I made these sewing-inspired votives for my SEW LOVELY class, but I never posted the tutorial! You can use these as vases for fresh flowers or place a candles in the middle to use as votives. These would be lovely for a wedding centerpiece or for a summer garden party.
- Glass votive or glass vase (I got a three-vase set at IKEA)
- Mod Podge
- Tissue-paper patterns from old sewing pattern
- Foam brush
WHAT TO DO:
- Take a look at your pattern pieces and cut out pieces that have cool printing on them. You will not want to over lap the pieces too much so kind of "map out" which pieces you will use to cover your glass. Think puzzle.
- Using your foam brush, put thinly coat the glass with Mod Podge.
- Begin at the top. I covered the edge (but did not go down inside the vase). Place your first pieces of tissue, carefully smoothing out all wrinkles.
- Place your next pattern piece, making sure to match up or slightly overlap on the last piece.
- Work from the top to the down. I chose to cover the bottom of the vase as well.
- Once all your pieces of tissue are glued on, use your foam brush to add a thin top coat over the entire thing.
- Let dry completely.