Okay, so I started this birthday tradition 3 years ago. It's kind of fun, but to be honest, it's getting a little harder to come up with NEW items! Here are 34 things that you may not know about me.
And now 34 things on my 34th birthday...
1. My hair has not been this long since high school.
2. I want to learn how to paint.
3. I have clinical depression. More on this later this month.
4. I was on the swim team my senior year in high school. Nothing like trying a new sport your last year in high school and falling off the blocks before the race starts! ha! (I also did cross-country and track.)
5. I have a vintage suitcase collection.
6. I love really bold, colorful necklaces, which is why I am thrilled these are so "in" this season.
7. I love to have my hair brushed. My kids (even Jack) loves to do it when I read to them. They know if they keep brushing, I will read longer and they can stay up for another chapter.8. I have always wanted red boots. Made the dream come true with last year's birthday money. Wearing my birthday boots today!
9. I won BEST OF SHOW at the county fair and then a special award at the California State Fair for my espalier miniature apple trees.
11. I used to say that doing the laundry was my least favorite chore. Now it is updating our household budget. I hate going through all my receipts.
12. As a kid, I had a collection of panda bear stuff. (I don't anymore. Don't buy me any pandas.)
13. The smell of ink on new book pages reminds me of childhood. (My dad is a printer.)
14. I have a children's book written and need to find an illustrator.
16. My toe nails are ALWAYS painted. Never naked.
17. I need alone time--off duty, sans kids, husband, friends even.
18. Favorite (current) restaurant: Bonefish Grill--but when I visit my parents in Turlock, CA, it's El Charro mexican restaurant.
20. Favorite pop: Diet Dr. Pepper.
21. Signature color: Mustard---love, love, love it.
22. My first job was working at House of Java coffee shop.
23. I have a manikin torso in my house, named Eveyln. She moves around and dresses seasonally. Most of my friends and their husbands (especially) think this is creepy.
24. I do not have a tattoo--It used to be that having a tattoo was the rebellious thing to do. But now since everyone seems to have one--I'm the rebel now!
26. Favorite Movie: White Christmas. I always tear up at the end when the troops surprise and salute the general. If you haven't seen it, watch it TODAY. It doesn't matter that it's not in season. I watch it in July.
27. I love, love, love puns.
28. In the 5th grade, I started a greeting card company "Cards From the Heart." The deluxe cards were 25 cents.
29. Favorite sugar cereal: Golden Grahams.
30. I want to take an extended vacation in the United Kingdom.
32. Favorite movie candy: Junior Mints.
33. I am an extremely messy cook.
34. In the 6th grade, I did a community presentation on head lice called "What's Itchin' you?" I presented signs/symptoms, prevention, treatment, even the life cycle to school groups.