Over the next week or so, I'll be sharing some of my favorite "fresh-from-the-garden" recipes. Some are from the archives, some are new...but all are delicious. So go pick some squash or kindly ask a neighbor for their surplus tomatoes and get cooking.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut zucchini into 3-inch sticks. Whisk an egg white in a small bowl, and add milk. Combine Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place zucchini on sheet. Then, spray the tops of the fies with cooking spray to help crisp them. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown. Recipe Source
- Spray LOTS of cooking spray on the pan before.
- Sprinkle coarse salt on top.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
- Also, I tried yellow squash the other night and it was just as good.