This one is a Martha recipe. The curry gives the soup a warm zing. It's a good to eat on those nights when fall is approaching--warm sunny days, but cooler evenings when the sun goes down.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Use fresh corn from your garden, instead of frozen.
- Serve with crisp back crumbles on top.
- Freeze it--I'm gonna try this, so I'll report back. It would be nice to pull this out the freezer come winter.